Saturday, January 29, 2011

The mince makes it

Mullumbimby, January 2011
This is just a little home made number, pasta courtesy of Ricey's batch he made fresh and put in the freezer. I did everything I normally do and used lovely tomatoes from the markets and quality lean mince from the butcher. The problem is the mince is almost too good. It's got flavour and the stuff I'm used to from Coles obviously has so many preservatives in it that you can taste the 'meatiness'. Even though it's what most people would prefer I think I like the pretend meat in there, stuff you can see but can't taste. There's a Woolworths going in at Mullumbimby, much to many people's horror. We prefer shopping at the markets and independent stores but perhaps I'll sneak in there when I'm making spaghetti next and see if my theory is right. 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment