Sunday, February 27, 2011

An oldie but a goodie


Brisbane, February 2011
Growing up Ginos was my second kitchen around the corner. Eventually they recognised my voice on the phone and would just say 'see you soon Sophie'. The time it took to get there was aligned with my little parcel of goodness being ready for collection. The perfect arrangement. They even catered for my 21st. Nowadays my loyalty remains but my friends and family have been burnt out. I suspect I made them go there one too many times. There is far too much rolling of the eyes and complaining in order to get my fix. It's nothing against my beloved Ginos, more to get a reaction out of me I suspect. But like smells bring back memories, Ginos reminds me of happy times. Same floor, same tables, same smiling owners and the same taste. I think of Sunday night dinners as a kid when it's still light outside and then boozy nights with the girls back when people could smoke inside and there were plastic plants everywhere. My latest takeaway was as good as always and I look forward to the next. 7.5/10

http://www.ginosrestaurant.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment