Monday, July 20, 2009

The next best thing to Spaghetti is Icecream.


I really hope this exists somewhere. The best job I've ever had was working at Baskin Robbins. Then my outlet went bankrupt - I hope I didn't have anything to do with it. I'm wracked with guilt because one time I slept through opening time and my boss rang me, waking me up. He said that customers had called to complain that the shop hadn't opened yet, what's going on? On the spot I did a terrible, terrible thing. I made up an accident involving a family member and his back, said I'd been at the hospital (when really I was in a coma from too much vermouth and golden circle juice the night before). It really is the worst lie I've ever told and to make matters worse, my brother (the family member in question that Sunday morning) used to still come into the shop twice a week after that to pick up his allotment of ice cream (used as bribe contra). His posture was/is perfect, no back injury in sight. Why he didn't fire me, I'll never know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment