Sunday, July 4, 2010

Ewww shudder

Merida, Spain May 2010
I'd been in the land of pig and cheese for 2 weeks. As I either neither food group, tasty bites were scarce. By the time we got to Merida on our way to Seville, I was absolutely fanging for a spag bol. It was on the menu but it was an oasis. It didn't actually resemble spag bol at all - lumps of boiled unidentifiable meat in minging sauce with soggy noodles. I won't continue, the score says it all. I can only assume the chef was sleeping. Interestingly, on our drive to and from this town we also saw many animals sleeping. Cows and horses lying down during the day with their heads on the ground, like they were playing dead. I have never seen anything like it so I've asked a few people about this but no one seems to know the answer, they say 'siesta' and shrug.

No comments:

Post a Comment