Wednesday, July 14, 2010

You can become regulars in 10 days.


Casole D'Elsa, Tuscany July 2010
After Florence we caught 3 buses to get to this tiny village where I was doing an art course. With only 3 or 4 restaurant options in town, we soon got to know the menus very well. Two became our favourites and we pretty much alternated between them for the 10 days we were there. We nicknamed them either the sophisticated place or the pizzeria pub place. The two spaghettis above are from the latter, by the end of it there the waitress stopped calling me Bella and called me Sophie. They even gave us a table the night of the soccer world cup final so we could sit and eat and watch it, everywhere else in town was completed sardined. I wish I had a photo of the view, you sit out on a deck outside the town walls looking over the misty blue hills of Tuscany. Chewy fresh pastas, the pomodori was actually my favourite, the best tomatoes you'll ever taste and fresh basil. 8/10


No comments:

Post a Comment