Monday, August 23, 2010

LA Baby



Los Angeles, August 2010
Please welcome my guest contributor, Elanore. Her credentials include dining at Ginos on a weekly basis in her childhood and eating eggs on maggi noodles when she arrived in London. She now resides with her partner Del and hummingbirds in Santa Monica, LA. We thought we'd pop in on our way home from europe and as it happened to coincide with my birthday, we went out for Italian. No surprises there. Elle chose a lovely spot called Picollo in Venice Beach and we both went for the pasta while the males ate meat. Elle had a cabonara with quail meat (spew) and quail eggs (spew). It's possibly my worst nightmare but she loved it and didn't want it to end. She's given it 8/10 but can be quoted as regretting her score and wishing she gave it more. Quite the satisfied customer she was. I on the other hand gave my venison ragu with fresh egg pasta a comfortable 7/10. The pasta was obviously fresh and the smallish portion was perfect.

I've included the hot dog stand photo mainly so that you can chuckle at the rollerbladers.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday spaghetti head, I've worked out how to click the anonymous button.

    You might be interested in this twenty-minute lecture on spaghetti sauce. http://vodpod.com/watch/47965-ted-talks-malcolm-gladwell-what-we-can-learn-from-spaghetti-sauce-video

    And, did you know that grated apple tastes great in spaghetti sauce? Strange but true. I think you could use it instead of sugar. I dare you try it.

    I hope you will continue blogging about spaghetti on the farm but I wonder how that will be possible. Will you rate the neighbours' dinners?

    Adios, happy eating.

    ReplyDelete